I talk; you listen. You tell me what's wrong with that!

Thursday, October 29

a World Series Cup

got off work tonight and making my way home I noticed a big dude who with Yankees hat and gear almost looked like an umpire to me, noticed he had a stack of plastic cups and wondered if that wasn't a source of pride since to get each one a beer had to be consumed, briefly remembered my own beer drinking days of yesteryear and its pursuant comraderie. Noticed quite a few other Yankees cups stacks and once on the train I deduced that the Yanks and Phillies are undoubtedly in the World Series this year, this very night, in my own town! I felt alone. I felt disconnected, a lot I didnt ask for but I think earned. How many games into it I wondered? Is my brother cheering the Phils from LA?

1 Comments:

Blogger undererasure said...

read from NYU local today - "The 2009 MLB World Series begins tonight and, in case you haven’t read a sports section lately (you’re not alone), the local New York Yankees will be facing the somewhat local Philadelphia Phillies." I am not alone.

10/29/2009 11:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home