I talk; you listen. You tell me what's wrong with that!

Sunday, July 29

coincidences abound

so I saw my onetime lab partner, study partner, sexual partner, for the first time in months just two days prior - she was on the L train, as it pulled up to U Square, 8th Ave bound, she smiled, I was waiting to get on, her to get off, the doors opened, and she giggled, we kissed just outside the train, I got on it, and she headed for the stairs with nary a word exchanged - just before that I saw an ex with another guy on the way to work that morning - Damon Albarn was earlier serenading me: "there's no other way"... I came upon a paragraph while reading up on ND vs MD online about a cancer survivor mid-struggle who said "'September 11 changed everything, because I realized that a whole lot of people died that day who had absolutely no choice, and I had a choice and I was choosing to die, and THERE HAD TO BE A BETTER WAY,'"; she came out of remission that month. A band played at Stain two nights ago called Jared Micah & Hats, I posted a pic of them on their myspace page and have finished reading a thank you note from them. Their album, which I have in my possession, is set for release on Sept. 11, 2007. The girl who set the show up on Friday at Stain, a triple bill, walked into Stain last night after playing the night before, about 5 minutes after I finished playing her disc at the bar. Her name is Sharon Van Etten and I love her sound very much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are tapped into where you are supposed to be, it seems ... flowing in the stream of thoughts and places ... sounds lovely and electric

8/14/2007 5:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home