I talk; you listen. You tell me what's wrong with that!

Friday, January 28

them's fightin' words

So I was wondering whether it was good to get into an argument with a dude before even moving in... yeah... So this guy is a little bit controlling and protective of what's his and then some so we're going to have to work on/whittle away at that. When you say something "stays" in the room for rent you usually mean the prior tenant is not taking it and it's up for grabs, am I wrong? No, actually that STAYS... A lousy antique armoire(sp?) with no drawers that could be the difference between making a sweet bachelor pad and having a lowly dorm room set up. Well, the formal contract HE made up says my deposit gets me at least 60 days notice before getting the boot so... to which I say, "why yes, I am a professional sublettor!" Hey, my sublets are getting progressively longer. Maybe I'll shoot for a three monther for April!!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, e -- but I think in the subletter context, "stays" may mean that it stays in the room--although I definitely recommend asking about it. This does NOT mean fighting ... but try asking, is this from the former tenant, or do you want to leave it in the room? Since you enjoy having a home, you may want to start with that--and since he drew up a contract and all that--is he a lawyer?! BEWARE--it sounds like he actually wants you in there for a while. Good for you! I believe in you, E. You can make the armoire cool by adding your own shelves and/or controversial musicart. Be good. - SCanz

2/02/2005 7:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This anonymous, SCanz... I think I know this person. I am watching you, SCanz. I don't think the original post was intended to convey a sublet standing, non, c'est plus comme un locataire extraordinaire! I think he's right if the guy is splitting rent with him.

2/03/2005 8:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home